IV Ibero-American Socioeconomy Meeting
FROM 20 TO 22 NOVEMBER, HEREDIA, CR
Founded in 1989, the Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (SASE) is an international, inter-disciplinary organization with members in over 50 countries on five continents. SASE organizes a main annual meeting, apart from other regional ones, local academic events, and as well, publishes a journal, —The Socio-Economic Review (SER).
In 2013, the first Ibero-American meeting on Socioeconomics was held at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México. The second was held in 2015, and took place in Porto Alegre, at the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil and the third in 2018 in Cartagena, Colombia. In the year 2019, the fourth Ibero-American meeting on Socioeconomics will be held in Heredia, Costa Rica. On this occasion, the organization of the meeting will be led by the School of Economics from the Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica.
Topic IV, RISE Meeting
Productive transformation, territorial asymmetry and social exclusion in Ibero-America.
The dramatic changes experienced by the contemporary society have been accompanied by processes of restructuring and relocation of productive activities, both globally and locally. The technological change has led to a greater flexibility of the production systems and labor markets, which is expressed in a dynamic accumulation of capital which does not stay in the territories, but moves constantly, throughout borders in search of greater profitability. This phenomenon, typical of the flexible accumulation of capital, has generated new conditions for the concentration of productive activities in new centers of agglomeration, leaving in its way a problem of unequal development, which reproduces the territorial asymmetry and the social exclusion of the people who live in the peripheral areas or do not have the qualifications to enter the new labor markets.
The Ibero-American countries face the challenge of designing and implementing public policies and develop strategies that can be adapted to the new conditions established by the Society of Knowledge. These countries should be able to promote a productive transformation with equity and environmental sustainability, capable of reducing territorial asymmetries regarding the access to basic goods and services and to the labor market. This task incorporates a vision of human well-being where social inclusion (due to gender, ethnicity, race, immigrant work) is at the center of the development agenda.
The conference focuses on specific topics on which you can present your paper. When you register for the conference as a speaker, your research must be closely related to at least one of the 12 topics presented below
- Globalization, local and territorial development
- Productive sectors, SMEs and productive chains
- Theoretical and methodological contributions to socioeconomics
- Territory, inequality and poverty
- Fiscal governance: distribution, equity and territory
- Migration, informality and human rights
- Governance and citizen participation in the debate on environmental public policy
- Towards a human development agenda
- The knowledge economy and cultural industry
- Democracy and development
- Institutional architecture for regulation
- Institutional reforms for economic development and equity: A competitiveness approach
• Dr. Alvaro Martin Parada Gómez (UNA-CR)
Submission of Presentation Summary:
- You only need to send a summary of the paper. For the postulation and participation in the panel or the presentation in the IV RISE SASE, it is not necessary to send the complete article.
- Panels: you must include a global summary for the panel and summaries for each of the 3-4 communications that make up the panel. The same criteria that are requested for summaries of individual communications are required for the panel.
- The Scientific Committee will define the accepted papers and communicate the speakers, then will publish the abstracts on the website.
- The deadline for the presentation of abstracts will be July 31, 2019
- Each researcher can submit a maximum of two papers.
- The summary must contain at least these elements:
Names, email and academic credits of all authors
- It must have an extension of up to 500 words maximum.
- Abstracts will be accepted in Spanish, Portuguese and English, official languages of the event.
- Indicate the theme to which it is postulated from 1 to 12 .
- Complete the registration form from the following link:
If you submit an individual paper, please complete the following form (you can only register a maximum of two papers).
If you want to participate in panels you must include a global summary for the panel and summaries for each of the 3 (minimum) or 4 (maximum) communications that make up the panel.
If you wish to participate in the congress without presenting a paper, you must register by completing this form.
|Early Bird (Discounted advance payment before 11/15/2019)||Regular Rate (after 11/15/2019)|
|SASE Members (meeting fee):||$130us|
|Non-members (SASE membership + meeting fee)||$120us||$180us|
|Student non-members (SASE membership + meeting fee)||$80us|
|Academic and Student from the UNA School of Economics||Free||Free|
The 4th SASE-RISE offers the opportunity of publish the best works presented in peer-reviewed journals. Authors interested in publication should send their full paper before 31 December 2019 and must comply with the guidelines for evaluation and publication of each journal. The requirements to participate in the call for papers in journal in the 4th SASE-RISE are:
a. Submit your abstract for the conference by the deadline.
b. The author must be registered for the conference and all co-authors of the document must be SASE members.
c. The paper must have been presented at the conference.
d. Send the full paper prior to December 31, 2019 to the 4th SASE-RISE address